There are a number of reasons why you may require an accountant to carry out a business valuation including:
- A business sale, purchase, merger or joint venture
- Share option valuations
- Capital gains tax valuations on sale or gift
- Inheritance tax valuations
- Partnership break-ups
- Litigation such as divorce
Valuing a business is a complex process and Meacher-Jones have a wealth of experience in this area.
For more information on valuations and for a free initial meeting please contact us.
Thinking of selling your business?
Whether you are ready to make that move now or are simply thinking about your long term exit and succession needs, Meacher-Jones can help.
Selling is a big decision and it is important you investigate your options.
The team at Meacher-Jones are able to help you plan for an eventual exit, irrespective of what stage of your business journey you are at the moment.
By understanding your future objective we can advise on the various options available to you to exit the business including
- accounting services to improve your reporting, recommendations to increase the value of the business prior to sale and systemising your business
- valuing your business
- Tax advice
Should you decide to sell your business we have partnered with a long-established and highly experienced business agent, Cestrian Business Sales, who can offer a discreet service with competitive fees.
Financial Due Diligence
Financial Due Diligence is a comprehensive appraisal of a business to assist a prospective purchaser, investor or funder to establish the business’s assets and liabilities and evaluate its commercial potential.
Areas that are typically investigated include:
- Historical trading results
- Business structure
- Accounting policies
- Marketing strategy, pricing, competition and competitive advantage
- Production and suppliers
- Credibility of the owners, directors and senior managers of the business
- Financial health of the business
- Net assets
- Future potential of the business
- Key business weaknesses
At Meacher-Jones we tailor each due diligence exercise to the nature and size of the transaction, which will provide the buyer with the information and knowledge to complete acquisitions on the right terms and with the correct post acquisition strategy in place.
Please get in touch for further information.
I was recommended to use Meacher-Jones almost 10 years ago by a fellow contractor and I have never looked back. They offer a simple, affordable package that takes care of all my accounting needs and ensures all HMRC requirements are met.