The Welsh Government has announced a ‘Start-Up Grant’ to support new businesses in Wales in dealing with the severe impact of Coronavirus. It will open for applications from lunchtime on Monday 29 June 2020.
To be eligible for the ‘Start-Up Grant’ of £2,500 businesses must:
- not have received funding from the Economic Resilience Fund or the Non-Domestic Rates grant
- have been set up between the 1 April 2019 and 1 March 2020 and not qualify for Self Employment Income Support Scheme
- have turnover less than £50,000
- have a drop of more than 50% income between April-June 2020
Applicants will be required to submit a short application form and self-declaration that is supported by evidence. Businesses must have one or more of the following:
- HMRC Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) Number
- VAT Registration Number or a VAT exemption certificate
- Written correspondence confirming registration with HMRC
In addition, applicants will be required to sign up to Business Wales start-up support and advice and align with the ethos and principles of the Economic Contract.
For further information please visit the Business Wales COVID-19 support for businesses pages.
A total of 2000 grants will be available across Wales of which 91 will be made available to businesses based within the Wrexham County Borough County area.
The Start-Up Grant will be administered by local authorities and accessed through the Economic Resilience Fund eligibility checker on the Business Wales website Businesses can apply from lunchtime on Monday 29 June 2020.
To check for eligibility and to apply go to https://fundchecker.businesswales.gov.wales/
Second phase of the Economic Resilience Fund opening for applications
The Economic Resilience Fund will re-open for applications for the second phase at lunchtime on Monday 29th June 2020. To access the application form you will need to complete the eligibility checker, and if you are eligible a link to apply will be provided:
Please ensure that you have the information to hand in advance that the eligibility checker states you will need when completing your application.